Friday, September 05, 2008

.. legends & yummy food ..

ok, here are more pics from our weekend in KC.

I couldn't just choose one of the 3 "See the Legends" signs....they are too cool, reminding me of some old vintage signs from the 40's or 50's, so bear with me as I have included all 3.



awesome place to sit and relax
this was the best place to eat! Great gourmet style food! 
They pride themselves in saying that they have the world's largest selection of draft beer. I would say they may be right. The list included at least a hundred plus! Now, I am not a beer drinker....don't really care for any alcohol at all.....but Greg enjoys his beer every now and then, especially when we go out to eat (which isn't very often) with just the two of us. So, of course, being the beer coniseuer that he is, he had to try out a couple of the beers. He says great beer, I say great photo!
I had the Southern fried chicken breast served on a bed of spinach-corn-mashed potatoes and covered in bourbon gravy. Mmmmm, mmmm! It was divine! 
Greg saw the Onion Ring Tower and thought it was a good idea to get that too. Now, I am not an onion ring lover, don't usually care for them, but thought I would give these a try after I read that they are beer battered and sprinkled with parmesean cheese and served with chipotle ranch dip. Well, let's just say I liked them well enough to eat half the tower myself! yum, yum!! I was full by the time they brought my entree!
Ahhhhh, great ambience, great food, great fun!!

No comments: