Saturday, October 27, 2007

I used to not enjoy the coming of autumn. For me it meant that winter was right around the corner.......and I don't enjoy the cold of winter. My ideal weather temperature would be mid-60's with 50% humidity. I want it just warm enough to go outside with no more than a light jacket and no less that a short sleeve shirt. Well, as we all know, we don't get those kind of temperatures on a very regular basis here in the Midwest! So, I have come to enjoy autumn more and more. The crisp, cool air with the smell of harvest floating in it. The rustle of blowing leaves and the smell of them as one crushes them underfoot. A few more overcast days, when it is perfect to enjoy the outdoors without being blasted by the sun. The awesome full moons that light up the night sky and the darkness around me. The beautiful arrangement of colours all around, from the leaves on the trees to the gorgeous fall flowers, from the bright orange pumpkins to the different golden hues of the soybean fields. All around me the world bursts forth God's handiwork. There is no way that we, as limited beings, could have ever created such beauty on our own. I don't believe we were designed to think on such a large scale. Yes, God has given us much creativity and gifts, but they are but a small part of His image that we were created in.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"When I consider your heavens, the works of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?
Psalm 8:3 & 4





my thanks to my great friend, Sarah, for shooting the photos of Alannah & I. Great job!!!

No comments: